The EAJS applied for funds from the Toshiba International Foundation to support delegate attendance. Below, please find the application criteria. The availability of conference funding is contingent upon the approval of our application to the Toshiba International Foundation and cannot be guaranteed at this time.
The rules and criteria for application are straightforward:
- ALL applications must be submitted via the online form.
- Applicants should not seek ‘double-funding’ (i.e. if you already have full funding from another source, you are ineligible). Our aim is to support those who only have partial funding from another source or have no funding at all.
- Funding is meant for part of travel costs and/or full or partial coverage of the registration fee.
- Only those earning €1200 or less net income (= after deduction of taxes and social security contributions) per month may apply.
- The maximum amount of funding to be granted is €500.
- In the selection of those to be funded, delegates who are early career scholars (PhD candidates, postdocs, or assistant professors) and who convene a workshop or give a lecture are strongly preferred. Demonstration of other partial sources of funds by the applicant will be viewed in a positive light.
- Please keep your ‘other information’ concise. Details about your paper, how important this conference is to your career, etc. are not helpful. Keep to facts regarding alternate sources of funding, how much funding would be helpful to you etc.
- If you make a mistake, please do not resubmit, but email eajs(at)nomadit.co.uk
- Deadline: 8 May 2023
We made and communicated the decisions by 19 May 2023.
The awarded grants were allocated as a full or partial registration fee waiver in our system. Grants may only be used for the applicant’s own registration. These were the conditions accepted in applying for the funds.
All recipients of a grant were required to provide a short report summarizing their experience in attending the conference.